Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Memoire - Happy yet!

Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the happiest of us all?, how any times have you uttered that little one liner in your everyday life, probably never, possibly because we don’t walk around chanting Shakespearean lingo, but let’s be honest, how many times have you faked a smile the very minute you got wind of a friend, colleague or mere acquaintance who’s doing well in an aspect of their life?
Wikipedia denotes fake smiles to muscular flexing of the cheeks without any eye contraction, if that’s the case, God knows my cheeks have pinned muscular flexing with zero percentage of eye contraction in sight. I recall times I could have probably given Jack Nicholson’s rendition of the Batman character “Joker” a run for his money.  Yes beauts, I too have been overwhelmed with emotions of jealousy and envy as soon as the latest bulletin of who has what graced these ears.
All of the above until my world was taken aback by a rude awakening this past week. I recently had the opportunity to catch up with dear out of touch family friends. I quickly learnt how these precious souls have had their lives turned upside down; these gems could probably articulate the words hurt, turmoil and loss better than any dictionary on the face of the earth. Out of respect for my friends, I am not at liberty to disclose any detail, but what I will say is that this type of tragedy feels like a chapter out of a novel. My only disconnect, was I could not link this story drenched in utter sadness with the livelihood of the people in my presence. Their presence, smiles and sounds of their laughter was filled with deep, resounding joy. Shortly after, almost like an out of body, pinch me, is this for real moment, the life lesson unfolds, happiness is not about having or experiencing nice things, happiness is finding an internal sense of peace and contentment in spite of what life hands us.
I have fashioned myself in this polka dot shirt dress from Next and baby doll pumps from Woolworths. In all honesty this look fetches fond childhood memories of the movie “101 Dalmatians” which is pretty much the cherry on top to “Happy Yet”, happy spotting!  

Please note, no trees have been harmed during the processing of this photo-shoot; infact a deep, “grounded” friendship has “blossomed”


4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL EVERYONE LOVED THAT MOVIE 101 DALMATIANS!! nice outfit , I usually stay away from white, but maybe I might give it a go now :-)

Andrea.G said...

I think you would look stunning in white, in fact you can rock any colour you like doll, don't hold bakc!!!!

Unknown said...

Such excellent writing skills. Thank you for sharing. Cute, fun and light with a " deep" undertone. :-) all the worlds a stage after all..we dont know what deep pain some people mask and/or overcome. hopefully the latter :-)

Fomaharry said...


Aol inc (American online) is a subsidiary of Verizon with the official url as www.aol.com mail web address.
http://www.kikguru.com/aol-com-mail-aol-email-account-aol-mail-login/

Post a Comment